MassChallenge is the most startup-friendly accelerator on the planet. No equity and not-for-profit, we are obsessed with helping entrepreneurs across all industries. We also reward the highest-impact startups through a competition to win a portion of several million dollars in equity-free cash awards every year. Through our global network of accelerators in Boston, the UK, Israel, Switzerland, and Mexico, and unrivaled access to our corporate partners, we can have a massive impact - driving growth and creating value the world over.
MassChallenge is a registered 501(C)3 non-profit in the United States and a registered charity in the other markets where we operate. Learn more about our partnerships.
Key stats (2010 - 2016)
- 1,211 alumni
- $1.8 billion funding raised
- $700 million revenue generated
- 60,000 jobs created
- 80% of companies still active
- 5% of startups acquired
Awards & recognition
- TechCrunch: #1 seed investor in the world for female-founded startups
- Gust and Fundacity: Top 5 accelerator in the US
- The Seed Accelerator Rankings Project: Gold accelerator in the US
- According to MIT research, MassChallenge startups are 2.5x more likely to raise more than $1M in funding and hire at least 15 employees than startups who do not participate.*
Please credit MassChallenge on all photos and video.
Recent Media Hits
- Wall Street Journal, Tech Startups Struggle to Close Deals with IT Firms
- Fortune, The Year Startups and Corporates Became BFFs
- Bloomberg, The Bloomberg Advantage: MassChallenge’s Startup Accelerator
- TechCrunch, John Harthorne at Davos
- Bloomberg, Boston’s Push to Develop $1B Companies
- Boston Business Journal, State Chooses First 31 Companies for Digital Health Accelerator
- Boston Globe, MassChallenge Dishes Out $1.5 Million to Startup Winners
- Yediot Jerusalem, MassChallenge Israel
- Jewish Business News, MassChallenge Awards $250 Thousand in Grants at First Ever Israel Israel Accelerator Program
- CNN en Español, MassChallenge Acelera Negocios En México
- Entrepreneur Mexico, Estas Son las Mejores Startups de Alto Impacto en México
- Forbes Mexico, Emprendedores Mexicanos Recibirán Apoyo de Aceleradora Global
- TechCrunch, MassChallenge Sets Up Camp in Switzerland
- Startup Ticker, machIQ Brings Industry 4.0 to Switzerland
- Forbes, MassChallenge UK Finalist Founders Striving to Change the World
- HuffingtonPost, Five Amazing Female Founders from MassChallenge UK’s 2016 Cohort
To see more news features about MassChallenge check out our In The News section.*MIT dissertation research by Dr. Daniel Fehder, under the supervision of MIT Professors Fiona Murray and Scott Stern.